Monday, January 21, 2008

You've Got To Be Kidding Me

Last year my purse was stolen so I had to go through the hassle of getting all my info in order to make sure my credit doesn't get messed up. In the process of doing that, I actually had to look at all my financial statements for a couple of months. (Yes, I'm one of "those people" that doesn't even balance her checkbook, much less look at monthly statements. Who has time for that?) Anyway, in the process of looking over my Am. Express bill (a novel concept, I know), I discovered a couple of charges that weren't ours. To make a very long, very frustrating story short... we discovered that we couldn't "prove" that they were not our charges, so we are "basically, out of luck." Ok. Maybe the first month, but what about the following 19 months? What a JOKE! We've been phoning, emailing, and faxing information to every person we get passed off to, for the last 20 months; and now we're told that "too much time has transpired" for them to credit back our account. You've got to be kidding me! Mind you, these are recurring monthly charges, so at the very least we've been asking them to stop charging our account. Oh no, not only have the charges continued (because no one can seem to find out where they originated from), we are still responsible for almost 2 years of charges! How hard can it be? I mean, really. Is this just my bad luck, or does this happen all the time?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hi Rachel! Thanks for the nice comment on my post about my powder room/irritating husband episode. When Erik read my post he said, "well, I didn't say we definitely had the paint." AAGGHH!
Anyway, this credit card story of yours is majorly sucky. I know nothing about this, and I haven't heard anything like this, but I would be working my ass off to talk to people about not paying those charges. There HAS to be a way to prove it. Good luck!