Sunday, March 22, 2009

March Madness

Caden absolutely LOVES to plant flowers; and since I've been promising we'd "get to it" for several weeks now, I figured today was the day...
He was SOOOOO excited...
and I am too, because it means I get beautiful pots like these.
But all of a sudden-- we had this beautiful rainbow in the sky:
because it started to POUR, right in the middle of our planting frenzy...
But one of the MANY things I love about my better half...
he doesn't let anything get in the way of "his plans". And a "little rain" didn't slow him down a bit. (I'm hoping it doesn't kill my newly planted flowers either, seeings how the poor things are more like drowning...)

While I ran inside to get in my warm bath that he ran for me because I was FREEZING, he stayed in his shorts... in the rain... cleaning up so we could get ready to go out for the night.

And I have to say... I hope my boys turn out JUST like their daddy, because I sure love him!
and my babies too!

7 comments:

Elaine A. said...

Those tulips are gorgeous (my fave!)

We (meaning me and my almost 5 yo!) just planted some flowers this week too. He enjoys "helping" me! : )
And It makes everything look SO nice and well, I just love Spring so it's one of my favorite things to do!

Kila said...

Boys and flowers, awwww... :)

Much too cold to do that here yet! Good to know that there are colorful flowers SOMEWHERE!

Leigh said...

What a wonderful sweet man you have! THAT'S love!

Weber said...

Beautiful, sweet pictures!

B Boys Mom said...

Your flowers look great! We love to plant sunflower seeds every year. It fun to watch them grow. Its still to cold here for that here. What a sweet hubby you have!

Michele Renee said...

Hi there,
Just found your blog and have visited it a little. I love baseball too out of the sports my 3boys have done. Mine are ages 12, 11 and 8 and we live in GA but I grew up in Calif. My husband is a 5th grade teacher so I get it, and we are really butting against middle school (grades 6-8 here). Our 12 yr old is in 7th and next year our 5th grader will be in middle. Wish I could pull them home or all work on a farm during middle school years!! Anyway, nice to "meet" you and I'll be back.

Bad Momma said...

Beautiful!