Sunday, March 22, 2009

March Madness

Caden absolutely LOVES to plant flowers; and since I've been promising we'd "get to it" for several weeks now, I figured today was the day...
He was SOOOOO excited...
and I am too, because it means I get beautiful pots like these.
But all of a sudden-- we had this beautiful rainbow in the sky:
because it started to POUR, right in the middle of our planting frenzy...
But one of the MANY things I love about my better half...
he doesn't let anything get in the way of "his plans". And a "little rain" didn't slow him down a bit. (I'm hoping it doesn't kill my newly planted flowers either, seeings how the poor things are more like drowning...)

While I ran inside to get in my warm bath that he ran for me because I was FREEZING, he stayed in his shorts... in the rain... cleaning up so we could get ready to go out for the night.

And I have to say... I hope my boys turn out JUST like their daddy, because I sure love him!
and my babies too!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those tulips are gorgeous (my fave!)

We (meaning me and my almost 5 yo!) just planted some flowers this week too. He enjoys "helping" me! : )
And It makes everything look SO nice and well, I just love Spring so it's one of my favorite things to do!

Anonymous said...

Boys and flowers, awwww... :)

Much too cold to do that here yet! Good to know that there are colorful flowers SOMEWHERE!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful sweet man you have! THAT'S love!

CFC Flames '04 said...

Beautiful, sweet pictures!

Tammy said...

Your flowers look great! We love to plant sunflower seeds every year. It fun to watch them grow. Its still to cold here for that here. What a sweet hubby you have!

Michele R said...

Hi there,
Just found your blog and have visited it a little. I love baseball too out of the sports my 3boys have done. Mine are ages 12, 11 and 8 and we live in GA but I grew up in Calif. My husband is a 5th grade teacher so I get it, and we are really butting against middle school (grades 6-8 here). Our 12 yr old is in 7th and next year our 5th grader will be in middle. Wish I could pull them home or all work on a farm during middle school years!! Anyway, nice to "meet" you and I'll be back.