Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!

Last weekend we celebrated my mom's 21st birthday... again. It was SO fun because I think it was the first time that all of the parents, and all of "the cousins" and our kids have been together. Good job dad, that was an out of the park gift!

The night ended with everyone sharing a special memory or thought about mom. Well, not every one ... because not all of us can do that without blubbering.

So here you go mom:

There are a million great memories and reasons that I love AND cherish you mom... but here's my top 10:

  • I love your unconditional love, loyalty, and devotion to God, Dad, and our family.
  • I love that I have you as a great example of the Proverbs 31 woman.
  • I love that I have so many great childhood memories... from red toast for V-day, to green oatmeal...to summers at Hume Lake... and so many, many more.
  • I love you for being the best Nana our kids could ever dream of.
  • I love you for your willingness to help any of us, at any time, regardless of circumstances.
  • I love you because you are as gentle and kind with my kids as you were to me growing up.
  • I love that you are THE most generous person on the planet.
  • I love that you sacrificed so much for us kids to go to private schools, especially TMC because, next to being blessed to be your daughter, that really was the best thing that could have ever happened to me- Just ask Tony.
  • I love you because you are patient and wise.

Nuts... That's already 10 and I didn't even say how much I love that you are such a FANTASTIC friend... but - I have to say that... because it's one of my favorites!

SO... I love you mom! Happy, Happy Birthday!

No comments: