Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer Fun

I love summer! I love being with the boys and trying to fit a zillion things into the day, almost as much as I love... planning on doing less tomorrow! That thought of rest, sooths the soul.

Today was a ... see "how many things I can cram in" day. And I love the feeling of checking things off of my 'to do' list.

  • Prime bathroom
  • Turn in Violin downtown
  • Take boys to the library
  • upgrade the boys cell phones (thanks Nana...)
  • paint bathroom... again
  • buy software for computer
  • take boys bowling
  • last day of basketball camp
  • Walmart... (urgggh)
  • Pick up sitter
  • Dinner party with friends (supposed to be at my house... but I cheated and we met at a restaurant...tacky, I know. But, my house smells like paint and I had too many things to do!)
  • Swim with the boys
  • Cut in paint for bathroom ceilings
  • read blogs...
Tomorrow... tomorrow is NOT going to be like today -- because, quite frankly... as good as it feels to finally "get things done"...

Resting sounds a WHOLE lot better!

So boy... I love you, but don't wake me up before noon! I promise to be ready for baseball and birthday parties... and whatever else, where ever else... you need ... AFTER I recover from all that fun today.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Can I tell you how glad I am to hear that someone else is having a hard time soaking it all in. Why is it that the to do list grows so much in the summer?

Oh I hope you are having one relaxing Saturday. :)

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, Did you do all this in one day? I bet you're tired. Hope you have a relaxing day off. You certainly deserve it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

Anonymous said...

Too much for one day! You don't just need a rest, you need a vacation!

Lisa said...

You did all of that! Oh my goodness. I'm exhausted reading it and will go to bed right now (no wonder you need me to help you!) AND four boys...two wear me out. You are awesome!

Unknown said...

That's a pretty daunting list! At least it's your checked off list and not your to-do list!

I love how in your profile pic you dressed everyone in pink. That rocks!

MathLovingMom4MyBoys said...

My goodness! How did you do it? that list is both inspiring and exhausting at the same time. I hope you get to enjoy a few "quiet moments" tomorrow :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and feel free to come by again. By the way, can I get you to help me with some statistics homework while you're at it? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by!

My boys spoil me! I get flowers (dandelions, clover, misc. weeds) and sunflowers, roses, lilacs . . .
They go out with daddy around the neighborhood and come back with something everday. My hubs had a severe knee injury 21 years ago - he had major knee surgery 1 1/2 ago which replaced the joint. The dr advised him to not walk long distances and basically to not use excessive wear and tear on it, so he has an electric wheelchair that he zips around the neighborhood in with the boys. They have their stops and sometimes the neighbors will cut flowers from their gardens and my guys will come home with HUGE smiles and flowers! It is too special!

Jenny said...

Holy crap! That's a to-do list for one month for me...not a day! Glad you're having a fun summer and taking the to-do list in stride!