Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tuesday Traffic

I woke up thinking: March 4... only 19 days to get everything done before Easter. So, I had a plan- my handy dandy list that drives Tony crazy. I was going to start on the yards and begin working on putting my scrapbooking stuff away (or at least out of sight), and then...

And then, my darling reminds me that today is my day to work in Caden's class... in 10 minutes. Great... I enjoy doing it, but... it's not on my list today! So instead of doing ANYTHING on my list, not one ^%*%$* thing that I had planned to do on 'my list'...I did this:
  • 9:30 - 11:00 Caden's Class
  • 11:00- 12:00 Lunch with Colton (I had dates with the other 3 boys on Saturday... and ran out of time to have our "date" Great idea, nearly impossible to make it work)
  • 12:15 Drop off Colton
  • 12:30 Pick up Caden
  • 12:45 Meet Tony for paperwork
  • 1:15 Lunch with Caden
  • 2-3 Shoe shopping for Caden, pick up stuff for dinner
  • 3:00 Pick up kids, run home... change and get snacks for practices.
  • 4:00 Drop off Josh at field 1 for practice
  • 4:30 Drop of Kyle and AJ at high school field 2 for baseball practice with their dad
  • 5:00 Pick up CP at BVG from rehearsal
  • 5:30 pick up Josh back at field 1
  • 6:00 Drop off back over at Field 2
  • 6:30 Make Dinner
  • 7-8 Pick up for CP
  • Home to put kids in bed
  • 9:00 Drop off twins
  • 9:30 Run to store for school tomorrow
  • 10:00 Wave good night to Tony
  • 11:00 Make new list
  • 11:30 Blog about why I need to stick to my lists or my plans are going to drive me nuts!
  • 12:00 'think about going to bed' so I can get up in time for work tomorrow... to repeat today. (But, because my mind is racing with all the things to 'put on my list' for tomorrow, it will be a while before I actually go to bed... so I'll read in bed... and regret it in the a.m.)

And Tony wonders how I go through a $125 in gas every week... daaaaahhh.

I know mom... "It's only for a season" ---- but it's just starting, and I really am excited about the games... it's just putting it all together that I'm not too sure about.

SO... I need to rethink my plan... OR not make one... so I don't get frustrated that it didn't work out...

hhhmmmmmm????

4 comments:

Bad Momma said...

O.K., I am dizzy from reading your list and need to lay down. Did you add a few extra kids to your family?

You are a much better mom than me. We try to keep the boys in one sport or activity per season. Right now it's swim team for Devon and piano lessons for the younger two. Good thing I never claimed to be a good momma!

Hang in there, you are doing great!

Jenny said...

Holy mother-lovin crap. I would have stuck a fork in my eye by 11 AM. I thought the same thing as Bad Momma...I remembered 4 sons, but I swear your post mentions, like, 20. Congrats on your new kids! :)
Anyway, it will all come together. I have hosted parties that came down to the last minute, but it all worked. You'll be fine!

4funboys said...

extra's... just my niece and nephew- who are usually a great help!

We need to start limiting their stuff... but how do you decide what goes and what stays?

Are You Serious! said...

♥ What a crazy schedule! Gas is SOOOO expensive right now! For us it's $3.32 a gallon and that's the cheaper stuff!

Thnaks for visiting my blog!