Sunday, March 9, 2008

WHAT is that?



This... this is what I did today- and believe me... it wasn't on the to-do-list.

Well, it's not what I 'actually' did today... but isn't a picture worth a 1000 words?

This is Caden's Kinder class mascot. Each kid takes chicken home for a night to journal about a special adventure. The ONE night my ever-so-funny husband helped with the homework, and this is what we get (and now you know why I get to do it all --except math. I only teach 1st grade and I'm not 'smarter than a fifth grader- especially with math.)

Anyway, before 'this teacher' could edit her darling's paper... daddy glued the picture down and wrote some 'terribly funny' adventure. urggg.
How embarrassing is that? I'll tell... I thought the teacher would be livid... but she loved it, and the boys are still laughing, and... it's perfect for me today. Because... today, with only 14 days until we host Easter... I was going through pictures and found this. Instead of doing the 37 things that I should have been doing... because I'm the world's worst procrastinator.

And this, this photo pretty much sums up what I got done today! Why was I doing this? Because there's so much to do... I don't know where to begin. And... I guess I work better under pressure. So, me and chicken (when he's finished of course)... we're just going to stop making 'to-do-lists' - and maybe go play golf!



3 comments:

Bad Momma said...

Love the photo! Perhaps you should let your hubby decorate your house for Easter. What is it about men and their obsession with the toilet? I guess you could file this under "Bathroom Humor"!

Kelley said...

Rachel,
Thanks for stopping by my blog at Aroma of Joy. Yes, my older kids are helpful most of the time but it is a challenge to raise little kids around teenagers! Our first 4were born within 5 years so I know where you are coming from. I still don't know how I survived that!! You have some VERY handsome little men in your family! Also, I have really enjoyed reading your posts, this one about the chicken is priceless!! I am looking forward to coming back often!

~~Kelley

Melissa in Mel's World said...

That is AWESOME!!! That is EXACTLY something that my husband and boys would do...yep, right up their alley!

Atleast the teacher wasn't upset...